Monday, January 23, 2006

Hitting pause...

Well, since I know that I have at least one person that reads this...I guess I should update it! (thanks, Drew :-) ...)

A very wise young man told me this weekend that music is one of the only things that can truly express the emotions we're feeling. Words and notes come together and it pours out from what seems to be our very souls! Its so powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche, a 19th century German philosopher, once said, "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Recently, I've learned to appreciate the little pauses in my life. Being busy is great-I feel like God uses me-but its nice to just, pause. Its like little semi-colons in my life :-) John Ruskin says that "there is no music during a musical rest, but the rest is part of the making of the music." How true!! Sickness, the failing of plans, and frustrated efforts all come from God. Forced leisure from our Maker; the One who knows us best and knows what we need. We can only accomplish our work if we be still, look up to God, and let him count our rests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home